Thursday, September 16, 2010

Biggest Loser: Salmon Burgers

I regret not taking a picture, because these were both pretty and surprisingly delicious. I have been getting canned salmon (thank you WIC) and wasn't sure what to do with it, but lo and behold, my Biggest Loser Cookbook has a recipe where you are supposed to put salmon fillets in a food processor until reaching the consistency of ground beef. Awesome! The canned salmon already is!! Yay for an easy recipe. I used 2 cans to equal 1 pound of the following recipe

1 pound salmon fillets
1/4 cup minced sweet onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
4 tsps prepared horseradish
1/2 tspn Old Bay 30% Less Sodium Seasoning ( I use my Dash No Salt seasonings)
4 tablespoons Low Fat Mayo
4 whole grain/whole wheat buns ( I used regular slices of bread)
4 small green leaf lettuce leaves
4 large or 8 small thin slices Tomato

Since I used the canned kind:
Empty the salmon into a bowl and mix in the onion,parsley, 2 tspns horseradish, and Old Bay.

Divide mix into 4 equal portions ( I only did two,ha!) and shape into patties.
Place large nonstick skillet over med-high heat and add the patties when hot. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the outsides are lightly browned and the patties are cooked through. They should be pale pink throughout.

Meanwhile, mix the mayo with the remaining 2 teaspoons horseradish until well combined. Set Aside. ( I used way more horseradish and it tasted great )

Place each bun bottom on the plate. Top with patties followed by lettuce and tomato. Spread mayo mix on each bun top, flip atop patties and serve.

LOVED IT! I HIGHLY recommend this. I didn't expect it to taste so good!! Next time I make it, I'll come back and post a pic

No comments:

Post a Comment