Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Spinach Salad with Feta and Mandarin Oranges

WOOOHOOO! Only months after having said I'd start posting more recipes, here am I! The truth, however, is that I simply haven't posted the meals I've been making (the few that I've made since Noah was born) He is now 3 months!! I finally feel excited about making dinner/lunch and eating healthy. In short, I am terrible at eating healthy and I am also terrible at making meals. I want to challenge both of these for only that reason.

As I mentioned months ago, I purchased a Biggest Loser Cookbook so that I could cook "like the biggest loser" as I so excitedly exclaimed before realizing what that sounded like. I made this salad for the first time for a Relief Society enrichment activity and it was all gone by the time it ended and so I didn't even get to try it. I made it again tonight for dinner. I like it very much and this is now one of my favorite salads.

Very easy to make:

Spinach topped with:
Feta cheese
red onion slivers
Tomatoe slices (I added these though it isn't in the original recipe)

add about 4 ounces (I'm sure I had more than this) of grilled chicken on top of a single serving
Finally, drizzle Light Balsamic Vinaigrette over the entire thing (delish!)

I almost forgot to snap some shots, so this is AFTER dinner- Sorry about that

The Salad


Derek's serving with chicken


Try it!

2 comments:

  1. ps I like the new set up! and! I have something I've been meaning to post on here... probably sometime next week it will go up. :) miss you!!

    ReplyDelete