Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Palabok

So. Since I've been married I'm learning to make Filipino food! A few weeks ago Girvin made me one of my favorite Filipino dishes. We had it at our wedding but didn't really have time to eat much of the food at our wedding... so we were craving it. He made it one week and I made it the next.

Girvin's Palabok

My Palabok


The recipe isn't really that difficult.. although we made it from a packet you can make it from scratch.. but this is what we did..

we used this Mama Sita mix


mix up the sauce
cook rice noodles
pour sauce over the rice noodles and add shrimp green onion hard boiled egg and crushed Pork Chicharon. I didn't put the Chicharon on mine.

here is a link to making it from scratch if you really want to try it... :)

http://www.filipinofoodrecipes.net/pansit_palabok.htm

2 comments:

  1. Is the egg a good addition? I mean, is it needed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm... you don't have to. it's sort of more for texture in my opinion.... It gets all mixed in with everything and you can't really tell it's there...?? You don't have to have it. :)

    ReplyDelete