Saturday, November 20, 2010

Maple Glazed Carrots








A beautiful and delicious side dish for Thanksgiving. It is now one of my favorites as I do like eating things that are good for you AND delicious all at the same time.

I got this recipe from a Williams-Sonoma cookbook titled Thanksgiving as shown in picture. Here it is:

3 lbs Carrots, peeled and cut on the diagonal into 1 inch pieces
5 Cups Chicken stock ( I only used 4 cups )
3/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
5 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1 1/2 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
Salt and freshly ground pepper

In a large saucepan over med heat, combine carrots, stock, syrup, and butter. Bring to a brisk simmer and cook, uncovered, until carrots are tender, about 30 minutes.

Using a slotted spoon, transfer carrots to a dish. Raise heat to high and cook the liquid until it has reduced to about 1 1/4 cups and is syrupy, 30-40 minutes longer.

Return carrots to pan. Add the vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Serve hot. (The dish may not need additional salt).

8-10 servings

It was as good as I hoped and we didn't take any pics but here is the one in the book, I know kinda lame but eh

No comments:

Post a Comment