Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Biggest Loser

At Target the other day, Derek and Lucas and I (mostly me) were searching for a Cookbook we could use. I wanted something super healthy because, even though I still want to eat whatever I want- I'd like to fill my nutritional needs for baby deux. I really have been wanting (craving I suppose would be an appropriate word here) to eat just plain good-for-you food- Vegetables and Fruit. I don't get enough carrots, celery, spinach, tomatoes, and whatever else veggie out there- Chico's Tacos just doesn't provide Any of this- as delicious as this place is. And well, neither do any of the menu items at Frisco Burger.

Anyway, I had to laugh when Derek pointed out The Biggest Loser: Family Cookbook. I started flipping through it and Loved what I saw! Every recipe somehow shoves Old Fashioned Oats, and every veggie possible into it- I loved it and had to have it.

When I got home, I started making a grocery list from the ones I wanted to start trying ASAP. Derek came in the room and I excitedly exclaimed- "Yay! now I get to cook like The Biggest Loser!"



So I have already tried a couple of new things - but have been too lazy to post them. This will end now! I am excited to post them and tell about them. One thing I will say- when you are filling your nutritional needs like you should- you really just AREN't hungry for much else. It fills you up and you just don't have room for the bad stuff anymore. Well, being pregnant means just waiting a few minutes to feel unhungry enough to have that cookie- so I am loving pregnancy for this reason.

It's good to be back!

1 comment: